Zelda News: Major Game-Breaking Glitch Discovered in Skyward Sword *Updated
Nintendo is now offering support for the glitch. Unfortunately, it looks like this is Japan-only for the moment but we should be seeing a similar program in the United States. source
Remember that cannon glitch from Twilight Princess? The one that made it impossible to continue playing no matter what you did? Haha... well apparently something similar has already been found in Skyward Sword... And it's not that hard to get...
Here's how to avoid it.
(Minor spoilers follow. If you don't want anything spoiled about the game, don't read.)
While the glitch originated on Zelda Universe Forums, Zelda Informer decided to contact Nintendo and this was their response:
<div align='center'>We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:
1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.
• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.
Thank you zhelkus for sharing this!