Table of Contents:
Fun Club News
Published circa 1988 by Nintendo of America
"Fun Club News" was a newsletter made by NOA before Nintendo Power Magazine. The newsletter was sent out to subscribers monthly, and covered Nintendo news and Nintendo game strategy.
- Scan of Nintendo Fun Club News, Vol. 2, #6 (570 KB .zip). Covers Zelda I, second quest, and Zelda II, but only the Zelda II coverage is available in this scan. Originally downloaded from The Zelda Fan.
Nintendo Power Magazine
Published monthly by Nintendo of America since July 1988
This magazine, published by Nintendo of America, was the successor to the Fun Club News. The first six issues were published bi-monthly, and after that were published monthly. Nintendo Power brings the latest news and insider tips to Nintendo fans. It often features exclusive interviews with important Nintendo employees, and inside information not available anywhere outside of Nintendo's internal files.
- Nintendo Power #6, scan of Zelda 2 glitch. (133 KB .zip) Scan provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #34 (March 1992), strategy review of "A Link to the Past." (4.39 MB .zip) Cover has a live actor dressed up as Link! Scans provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #48 (May 1993), scans of "Link's Awakening" preview. (756 KB .zip) Scans provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #50 Cover, featuring "Link's Awakening."
- Nintendo Power #94, scans of "Pak Watch: Zelda 64." Has beta screens! (634 KB .zip) Scans provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #98, scan of feature "Miyamoto's Magic." (242 KB .zip) Scan provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #100 (September 1997), scans of Zelda 64 preview. (411 KB .zip) Scans provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #104 (January 1998), scans of "Ask Dan" column and feature "Zelda Rides Again," a preview of OoT from Spaceworld 1998. (496 KB .zip) Scans provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #109 (June 1998), scans of "New Worlds," an OoT preview from E3 1998, and "The Mind Behind the Masterpiece," a short interview with Miyamoto about the game. (344 KB .zip) Scans provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #111 (August 1998), scans of feature "The Legend of Miyamoto." This has a detailed interview with Miyamoto about OoT and games in general, and short bios about other Nintendo employees. (1.2 MB .zip) Scans provided by Mak.
- Nintendo Power #136 (September 2000), scans of Majora's Mask feature "Behind the Mask," an informative look behind the scenes of Zelda game creation. (1.5 MB .zip)
- Nintendo Power #198 (June 2005), an editorial about Eiji Aonuma and his work on Z'05, written by Eiji Aonuma. (1.68 MB .zip) Scans provided by lord-of-shadow.
Club Nintendo Magazine
Published monthly by European branches of Nintendo since circa 1990
Club Nintendo has been published in Europe since the NES days. The different Nintendo branches in Europe cooperate to offer the publication in several different languages, including German and Dutch.
Any scans of magazines or publications not covered in the catagories above.
- German Gamepro, June 2005, a fairly large article and information on the upcoming Zelda'05, along with first glimpses at some art, and an interview with Eiji Aonuma. All in German, unfortunately. (2.43 MB .zip) Scans provided by CaptainMurdock.
- Cover of Edge Magazine, June 2005 (246 KB .jpg)
- Ocarina of Time Special Issue, a collection of scans regarding OoT from an unknown magazine just prior to the game's release. They're in Dutch. (12.1 MB .zip) Scans provided by Iron Knuckle.